fb80 – A celebration of artisan quality
& the company’s 80th anniversary
The fb80 was manufactured for the 2006 world barista championship in Bern to mark the company’s 80th anniversary. It was named to commemorate the anniversary as well as the founding brothers, “fb” stands for Fratelli (brothers) Bambi. Equipped with gb5 technology, it is fitted with panels that can be made in any colour or decorated with artwork or logos.
A dynamic preheater assembly ensures that water entering the coffee boiler is precisely 170 degrees f. 170 degree f water replaces hot water exiting the group, reducing the temperature swings in the coffee boiler. An algorithm-based pid temperature controller further reduces temperature fluctuation in the coffee boiler.
The group cap (designed by Piero Bambi) and the integrated ruby flow restrictor reduces channelling to ensure that water never leaves the saturated area of the coffee boiler. This eliminates temperature instability during brewing.
The mechanical paddle enables the barista to saturate the coffee with low pressure (line pressure) water before applying the full 9 bars of pressure. this dynamic system allows the barista to control the variable of pre-infusion and reduce channeling for a more balanced extraction.
- Saturated groups: ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Dual boiler system: separate boilers for each group optimize espresso brewing and steam production.
- Dual pid (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby flow restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating system: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Stainless steel portafilters & precision baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital display: temperature display, shot timers and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Hot water economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Tall cups: allows you to use the machine with tall, to-go cups (+2.5cm /1in. in height).
- Auto back-flush program: automatic cleaning program.
- Available models: 2, 3 or 4 groups.
- Machine operation: automatic (av), semiautomatic (ee) and mechanical paddle (mp) versions.
- Cup warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Barista lights: led lighting allows you to focus on your extraction and the cup.
- High legs: makes it easier to access beneath the machine (+7.5cm / 3in. in height).
- Personalized colors: customizable colors based on the ral color system, on request.
- Auto steam: simple steaming system stops automatically at your desired temperature.
|model||2 Groups||3 Groups||4 Groups|
|voltage||220-240 single *||220-240 single *||220-240 single *|
|* 3 phase power is available by request and will be built to order|