strada ee – designed for and by baristas
The La Marzocco’s Street team have worked with some of the world’s renowned coffee professionals to design an espresso machine. This panel of experts were termed as “Street team”. The Strada, Italian for “street”, was named in their honour.
The Street team has created an advanced traditional espresso machine featuring traditional hydraulics and semi-automatic brewing control. The Strada ee (strada- Italian for street) also has a barista-friendly design. A design that encourages creativity and customization so that each machine can be unique.
In an aim to thorough the strada line of models, the strada ee is characterized by the underlying mechanical and electronic features (semi-automatic technology) built within the design of the strada. The strada ee model features individual brew boilers, proportional steam valves featuring anti-suction valves, a thermal stability system and easy-access for preventative maintenance. The initials “ee” refer to a feature wherein brewing is activated by the simple start & stop motion of the paddle on the group head, albeit with electronic pre-infusion.
The semi-automatic paddle was inspired by the paddle used on most la marzocco machines since the 1970s. it is controlled with la marzocco’s classic paddle interface, manually operated by the barista.
Proportional valve technology: variable solenoid valve control of the steam wand.
Programmable preinfusion: employs a two stage programmable preinfusion process that allows for multiple groups to be in operation at the same time.
- Exposed saturated groups: increased temperature stability, ergonomics and workspace visibility.
- Independent coffee boilers: separate boilers for each group head allow baristas to optimize temperature for multiple coffees.
- Dual pid (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby flow restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating system: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- Paddle interface: la marzocco’s iconic paddle to activate coffee brewing.
- Stainless steel portafilters & precision baskets: for improved cup quality and consistency.
- Digital display & jog wheel interface: temperature display, shot timers and intuitive programming simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters.
- Solenoid steam lever actuation: a user-friendly lever controls steam.
- Hot water economizer: fine tune the temperature of the hot water spout.
- Adjustable deep drain tray: accommodates a variety of cup sizes.
- Auto back-flush program: automatic cleaning program.
- Available models: 2 or 3 groups.
- Cup warmer: maintain espresso and cappuccino cups heated at a proper temperature.
- Personalized colors: customizable colors based on the ral color system, on request.
|model||2 groups||3 groups|
|coffee boiler (l)||1,3 x 2||1,3 x 3|
|steam boiler (l)||8,2||11,8|
|* 3 phase power is available by request and will be built to order|